Oceanview Publishing publishes only manuscripts in the mystery, thriller, suspense fiction genres—but not paranormal, dystopian, or science fiction. We do not consider children’s or young adult literature, poetry, memoirs, cookbooks, technical manuals, or short stories.
Any manuscript that has been published elsewhere in any format or language will not be considered.
Submissions will be accepted only if they meet one of the following criteria:
- An author represented via a literary agent.
- An author who has previously been published by a traditional publishing house (not self-published or published by a vanity press).
- An author specifically invited by an Oceanview representative or an Oceanview author; Oceanview representatives often attend mystery and thriller conferences such as ThrillerFest, Bouchercon, and Left Coast Crime.
Submissions should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Within the body of the e-mail include :
- Agent’s Name, affiliation and contact information.
- Author’s name, complete contact information and brief biography.
- Manuscript title and word count.
- Any ideas on the role of author in promoting and marketing the book.
Attached to the e-mail should be the following in Word document format:
- Synopsis of 750 words or fewer.
- First 30 pages of the paginated manuscript.
- Author Biography (include any pertinent information, such as personal blogs, Twitter/Facebook/Instagram handle, or any other social media outlets or communication links).
Please note that we accept only WORD documents as attachments to the submission e-mail. Do not send query letters or proposals. The review process takes approximately 90 days. You will receive a response within 90 days of receipt of the initial submission. Do not contact Oceanview Publishing during the review process.
Submissions not conforming to these guidelines will not be considered for publication.
Please submit your information to:
Thank you for your interest in Oceanview Publishing.